BOOKS BY ARCHIE F. CARR:
- A Naturalist in Florida: A Celebration of Eden. (Marjorie Harris Carr Editor). 1994.
- The Windward Road: Adventures of a Naturalist on Remote Caribbean Shores. 1956.
- So Excellent a Fishe: A Natural History of Sea Turtles. 1967.
- Ulendo: Travels of a Naturalist In and Out of Africa. 1954.
- The Land and Wildlife of Africa. 1964.
- Handbook of turtles: The Turtles of the United States, Canada, and Baja California. 1952.
- High Jungles And Low. 1953.
- The Everglades: The American Wilderness. 1973.
- A Contribution to the Herpetology of Florida. 1940.
- The Reptiles. 1963
- Land and Wildlife of Africa. 1967.
- The Turtle: A Natural History of Sea Turtles.
- Jungle of the Maya. Jim Wright, Jerry Barrack, Douglas Goodell, Archie Carr.
- Guide to the Reptiles, Amphibians, and Fresh-water Fishes of Florida. Archie Carr and Coleman J. Goin. 1955.
- The Green Turtle in the Gulf of Aden and the Seychelles Islands. Harold F. Hirth, Archie F. Carr.
ABOUT ARCHIE CARR:
- The Man Who Saved Sea Turtles: Archie Carr and the Origins of Conservation Biology. Frederick R. Davis, 2007.
WEBSITES & OTHER RESOURCES:
- Founder and Scientific Director of the Caribbean Conservation Corporation from 1959 until his death in 1987. (renamed as the Sea Turtle Conservancy). Gainesville, Fla. http://www.conserveturtles.org/
- The Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge covers the beaches from Melbourne Beach south to Wabasso Beach on Florida’s Atlantic coast and was set up in 1991 in honor of his work with sea turtles. http://www.fws.gov/archiecarr/
- The Dr. Archie Carr Wildlife Refuge was established on the northern Caribbean coast of Costa Rica in his memory. It is a wildlife refuge located within the Tortuguero Conservation Area in the Limon Province of northeastern Costa Rica. http://www.costaricaweb.cr/en/dr-archie-carr-wildlife-refuge-costa-rica/